Why some people use old Digital watch?

 Hey Reader

If we have met in person or you have observed me over a video training, you can clearly see my watch. I wear an old-school Digital watch in this new era of Smartwatches. I also wore this watch at the time of my wedding and all my friends were laughing at me because the watch was not at all going with the outfit. But after almost 10-12 years I still use this watch.

My watch is showing me angle number 555.

No, no, no I am not at all into money saving. I have a collection of Swiss watches for me and my family as well. Some of them are Chairos Exagon Watch, Chairos Maya (ladies' watch), and Chairos Wizard.

I started my watch collection journey with this beautiful timepiece.

In this article, I am sharing my point of view on why one should wear a simple watch. If you agree with my thought process make sure you let me know.

Recently one of my brothers bought a smartwatch. He showed me all the features of the watch with a lot of enthusiasm. This watch keeps on telling me my heartbeat rate, this watch keeps on telling me how much time I slept. This watch keeps on telling me all the notifications I am receiving on my phone. This watch keeps telling me about the weather report.

After a few minutes I asked him but how many of them are you going to use daily? What is the time now? Can you tell me?

His response just made me laugh so hard. He said, "Just a minute let me put it on a charging. I forgot to charge it yesterday night!" I laughed at him so hard, I think he will never show me his new gadgets again.

This is my brother showing me how my Smartwatch is able 
to close the doors of my "smart" car!

The point I want to make here is, that a lot of features will not make any watch smarter. What are the features you need and are you able to use them by giving your smallest time then I am ready to add "smart" word to watch or anything you buy in your life.

The watch I wear it for almost 23 hours a day do you want to know how many times have charged it? ZERO. I have not changed the battery either. In my point of view, it's a smartwatch.

I am a punctual person so my watch keeps on reminding me of the time every single hour with a beep sound.

I love to wake up early and I try not to touch my phone for the first 1 hour after I woke up. My watch is able to show me time in the dark as well.

It is a 100M water-resistant watch I never put it off while playing or swimming.

A few of my Business associates are in different countries my watch is able to show me the timings of other countries as well.

And I can tell you so many things like this but let me stop here and come to the point.

This is me who reaches everywhere before time.

Just because your device can accommodate a lot of features stop calling it a smartphone or watch. How you are using those features makes it more smarter.

Just think for a moment!

What is the point of having a phone with 1 TB of memory when you don't have a single friend to talk to? While you got a chance to interact with people instead of making good friends you were busy on your phone.

What is the point of having a dual camera on your phone when you don't have anyone around you who will appreciate your photography skills? Because you never used a back camera to click some good images you were busy clicking your selfie all the time.

What is the point of having so many social media apps on your phone when you are a shy person who loves to spend time with yourself? Who doesn't like to talk to people?

What is the use of that 24-hour high-speed 5G internet on your phone the only thing that is causing you is less sleep. You are becoming an insomniac person.


I am not saying stop buying a smartphone or smartwatch. Companies will sell and glorify every single feature of their product the question is which feature is best for you. Observe, think, choose then buy.

Meanwhile, my brother still needs 4 chargers every day to charge all the devices. 2 Mobile one Apple, one Android, 1 Smartwatch and 1 iPad. I use the same time to recharge myself by doing some spiritual practices. And this is the reason I love my old School Digital watch.

Understand a point, devices are made to be used by us, don't get used by them. Stop wasting time on Digital devices and start using them to create your Digital version. In the Mazavyapar community, we work together to create Digital versions of all the community members. We help each other while working on our projects.

If you like to read such great articles make sure to subscribe to our newsletter. Thoughts Become Things.


With Gratitude,

Ajinkya Kawathekar 

Post a Comment

0 Comments